Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One week....

...and it'll ALL be over! Well, until next year around February 1st. You know, I worked at a firm last year and yeah it was busy & I was tired but MAN, I'm wiped out this year! Yet, like I mentioned before, I'm doing a HELL of a lot more than I did last year at the other firm......



So, the part came in at approx. 10:15 am!!! Was SUPER excited cuz I was actually SUPER nervous it wasn't! JSC (my boss) is so laid back it's ridiculous. Yeah, he was semi-cranky yesterday but he informed me he was so it was ok. When I told him I was afraid it wasn't going to come in, he was like, "Well then, we would have just gone to the Post Office." But he was excited as well when it came in. The stamps look SOOOO good! Ok, I know EVERYTHING I just wrote sounds so lame. Why would my boss & I get that excited for how a stamp looks??? Easy. It's the little things in life, people! What can we say.... We're simpletons. =)



Like I mentioned at the end of my post yesterday, today is a date that's important to remember in our family. Today is the 3 year anniversary of my grandmother passing away. She was 84. It's weird to think of her not being here anymore. Only seems like yesterday, I would call her just to say hi. You could say she was a "simpleton" as well yet she was something! She was the one who was in charge of the family. It was basically her way or no way. If it wasn't, oh.....



Her thing in life was always having something to worry about or as we call them, "temas". There was a "tema" for EVERYDAY! My dad would do everything to make sure of one not happening yet it didn't matter. She always came up with something.....


There are so many memories & stories that remind me & think of her. Here's just a few:


- The Sundays at her house and going to Arby's
- Playing on the swing set she bought just for my sister & I
- The time I jumped off a high stool & fell on a hard piece of grass when I was 5. To this day, I still have the scar on my knee.
- When she would go in the little Target pool with us in the backyard. I remember this one time I turned around and she fell back and all the water was flowing out!!! I, at the age of 4, had to help her up!
- The time we had to hide in the backyard cuz her friend (who had the beginnings of Alzheimer's) came to the front door & wouldn't leave for like an hour! My grandma didn't want to deal with her so we just stayed in the back, being as quiet as possible.
- Her black beans and rice....... Anyone who ever had them knows what I'm talking about.
- Knowing I'm the only one out of all her grandchilden who got to have a drink with her. I really treasure that! =)
- How, no matter what, she would always have clothes for me. 9 out of 10 times, they were BAD!!! But she did slip a few great things in there.
- And most importantly, that after God & the Pope, she would tell me that the 2 most important people in her life were my dad & I.


Yeah, I know. The last one sounds kinda messed up, especially since she actually said that in front of LBS too but honestly, that made me feel so special. That's something I will always hold close to me.


Well, I better go.


TTYL,
me =)

No comments: