Saturday, April 5, 2008

On the road again...

During tax season, I go with my dad to do taxes out of our house. We travel all around! This is me telling of our day (check in about every hour for updates):

9:50am- I wake up from about 6 hrs. of sleep. Still kinda tired (didn't realize my shirt was backwards and inside out when I first put it on!) But got ready in about 20 mins.

10:41am- Been sitting downstairs waiting for my dad for the past 20 mins. that way we can be on our way. I go to the car to input where we're going today.

10:44am- MY GOD! We're going FAR today! Lake Elsinore- 40 miles, Menifee- 60 miles & to top it off, Nuevo- 75 miles... This is all one way from our house! Oh it's going to be a long day... I can feel it...

11:38am- Get to the first house. I guess these people couldn't wait last year & went somewhere else to get their taxes done... Doing that, they went to someone who messed up their return last year. Boy, it's a fiasco here!!! Between having a rental that wasn't claimed last year to a being involved with a business that lost over 50 grand, I can see how depressed my dad is going to be when we get in the car... I know these people are nice but I think they're going to have to go on "the list". My dad has been telling them how going into business by yourself can be scary & risky but they didn't listen. Another refinance... Then the lady (husband isn't here) admits that she wished they would have listened to my dad... Oh well! Their loss...

12:37pm- We're finally leaving this house... It has been a mess! I know my dad is going to vent like all holy hell the MOMENT his closes the door to the car!

12:39pm- OH SHIT! We're not even close to leaving!!! We have 2 more to do at this house! Ugh... We're so not getting home home til 1 in the morning... :(

1:08pm- My dad is now putting everything away! We're finally leaving! On to a sweet lady's home that we've known forever! But I have a feeling it's going to be depressing there too... We're on our way!

2:41pm- So I couldn't write at the last house cuz was no reception! Quick recap- nice lady is related to the people at the first house... AKA- she got taken advantage by her own kids to support them while the business was suffering... At least she got the claim basically everyone as dependants... We left there pretty fast... I'll write about the house we're leaving right now at the next spot...

3:39pm- So last house we were at was a guy that I "went to school with", which means he went to the all-boys school as I went to the all-girls school. They were our "brother" school... Anyways, the thing about this guy is that he lives about 50 miles (one way)from work and that's not even the weirdest thing about this situation! They bought a house that is literally in the middle of nowhere! Actually, you could say that they live on Mars! Seriously, when you think of Mars, what do you imagine??? If you said red rock & dirt, you're exactly right! They paid A LOT for the house too! They're nice but it almost seems like they have no idea what they're doing! I was talking to the guy while my dad did his return that's why I didn't get to type that much... Left there after about 35 mins.

On the way to the next house, the damn navigation screwed up and had us going in a circle! Oh well... We got to the next house in Menifee & my dad informed me that this was someone he used to work with when he was a truck driver. When I walked in, I was in awe! Their backyard is mind-blowing gorgeous!!! They're about 15 feet away from a lake! It's an amazing view! I'll try to take a pic... This man is originally from Scotland. I know he looks like someone but I just can't think of who.<--(UPDATE: Figured it out- Malcolm McDowell) Kinda crass and basically tells his wife to sit there and not say anything. This guy seems to have a decent head on his shoulders yet when he asks my dad something, he thinks he's lying... I think this is the first time my dad has ever done his return. We'll see if he'll call again...

Today has been a little depressing but not as bad as we thought. The day is not over yet though... K, going to take a break cuz my phone is getting hot & I think my fingers are starting to cramp up... I'll write when I get to the next place...

5:06pm- So we're at the next house but I'm staying the car to make some calls to see if there's a chance we can go to the 2 houses in Nuevo before the we go to the other ones in Corona... It would make life worth living if we could do that! I'm just waiting to hear from one...

5:18pm- YES!!! Got the calls from the people in Nuevo and we'll be going over there and then to Corona... If it didn't work out, I truly feel we wouldn't get home til about 12 or 1... Now there's a good chance we could be home at about 10-ish...

At the last house, I got to take a pic of the backyard... I hope I can put it on here cuz it's truly stunning! I was thinking that the backyard was going to be the best thing to talk about from that house until I saw the pics on their refrigerator. I'm all being nosy and looking at the pics & noticed someone that looked really familiar... It was Terry O'Quinn, "John Locke" from "Lost"! He was posing with the grandkids of the people we were at. According to them, "Locke" was super nice & talked to them for about 30 mins. You know, all I have ever heard is how nice the people from "Lost" are! I hope I get to run into one of them someday...

K, on the way to Nuevo!

5:56- Arrived to the 1st house. The great thing about coming here is the 2 people we're going to see, they live RIGHT next to each other.

The first people we were seeing were new yet my dad has been doing the folks taxes for years!!! We're at the folks house for the 2nd time to do the daughter's return. The father of the woman's return we're doing is one of the few clients that passed away this year. His wife (her mother) is just a sweetheart! They have 2 great dogs as well! I told her I was going to take the Rottweiler home! Well, nothing bad here... On to the next door neighbor...

7:06pm- Ok, this guy- He's been a client of my father's for well over 20 years. He's listens & does EVERYTHING my dad tells him to do. Basically, a perfect client! His only flaw? The epitome of a womanizer!!! He's been divorced twice in a matter of 4 years and except for tonight, always seems to have another woman with him. I could also tell he was drinking cuz he was kinda slurring... But, I must say-- he's one of the reasons I got my tax license! The first time I ever met him, he was concerned about the well-being of my father and what going to happen once he were to stop doing taxes. He was  so worried, I ended up saying, "Don't worry, everything will be ok & you'll been taken care of"... It was then that I knew I had to get my license and really start learning & soaking in everything! My dad charged him $70 but he not only gave my dad $80 but gave me a $20!!! Woot.... =) Alright, on to the last 2 houses in Corona!

8:07pm- Right off the bat, I told my dad I was going to go get us something to eat. Other than we had not eaten since we left the house but I already had planned I was NOT going to step into these people's house!!! I'm done with them! These are people who literally look at my dad as the man who comes to input shit & tell them how much of a ridiculous refund they will get! He has been giving them advice for YEARS and they have wiped their asses with it! When they originally bought that house, they got it about 12-14 years at about $150,000 and EVERY year, they would refinance and as of last year, they owed $502,000!!!!! Yeah...... Also,what happened when we came last year was the "cherry on top", "last straw" and the epitome of a "fuck you" all rolled into one! When we walked in, I noticed they were watching "Apocalypto".....I was semi-interested when I heard it yet after 30 seconds, I was done with the movie. WAY too violent yet even when I was pretty damn obvious that it was bothering me without saying "this is bothering me", they kept it on & even put it up, all while my dad was doing their return! THEN the 20 year old daughter, who was about 4-5 months pregnant, comes in thinking her shit don't stink cuz "she did her taxes all by herself".....Too bad she 1- didn't do them right & 2- DIDN'T HAVE ALL HER W-2!!! Ugh, and the mom......She just bothers me.....She honestly tries to find ways of getting money in, to the point of even doing foster care!!! From the movie to the actions of this woman, I wanted to throw up all around! It was just disgusting and I literally went off when we got into the car last year & informed my dad I would NEVER step foot in that house for as long as I live. Let's just say, they're DEFINITELY on the list for being "weeded out"!

So, I'm here waiting in line at In & Out..... If you have NEVER gotten the pleasure of trying In & Out, next time you go to Vegas (this is for the people in the mid west & east coast), hit one up!!! You won't regret it! It's so popular & delicious that there's ALWAYS a line & you usually wait about 10 mins or so but it's worth the wait!!! They even have a secret menu.....

8:43pm- I'm sitting in the car waiting for my dad to come out & eating my dank-ass In & Out when I hear that Charlton Heston has passed away. I immediately start calling my mom. I inform her & then tell her I have to call my CAM..... See, what most people don't know is that when something big, especially when someone passes away, I am usually the first one to find out (usually thanks to my "sites" but tonight it was thanks to 1070 talk radio.... who knew!?) So, I did my duties of calling everyone I'm suppose to inform.....

8:48pm- My dad gets in the car & I inform him about Charlton Heston. He was a lil sad. I will never forget how heartbroken my dad was when Johnny Carson passed away, ESPECIALLY since it was on my dad's birthday! It was quite a bittersweet day for him..... When he gets into the car, he tells me that these people who I can't stand have now filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy. Honestly, not shocked. I'm more shocked they have a home. But they do have flame rims on their raised trucks! I'm sorry but karma's a mother fucking bitch & I hate to say it but they deserve this!!! My dad has given them SO much help & advice! It's their faults for not listening to it & taking advantage of it! So long! On to the last house.....

8:54pm- Seriously, it was a block & a half away....... We lucked out with each city we went to cuz everyone was in a 2-3 mile radius TOPS!!! These people are really nice. Nothing bad to say. Dad wanted me to go call a woman to see if we could stop by her house to get the money to open an IRA for her so called my mom for the woman's #. Both her & LBS were at the house & I ended up talking to them for about 15-20 mins. on the phone. Ended up calling the woman & had a full on conversation with her in Spanish!!! I was starting to get nervous, I could tell. So I thanked her (we couldn't stop by cuz she didn't have the check book) and started to head home.

10:35pm- Well, we left the last house at about 9:30-ish. When I turned the car on, the traffic came on and said there was some heavy duty traffic on the 91. I said, "F that! We're taking the streets to pass that shit!" See, I'm not a fan of traffic, at ALL! That's one of the reasons why I know my way around So. Cal so well. I avoid traffic as much as possible! OC has gotten almost, if not, as bad as LA traffic! So, it took a lil longer to get home but at least we were moving the whole time!

12:46am- When we first walked into the house, I went to my room & the time was 10:35. Pretty good for driving to 11 houses and about 150 miles today! Talked to my mom and cleaned out a wound on my dad's leg for him. I noticed his leg at the "House on Mars"......It was infected, I could tell RIGHT away! I told my dad the moment we got home, I was going to "douche it out" with peroxide & then bandage it up. My mom saw it & right away said that she's taking him to the Dr. on Monday. It's just scary he's not concerned about being diabetic (on insulin shots!) & then getting cuts & not taking care of them. We just don't know what to do......=(

Ok, it's now 12:57am and I'm tired. This was some post! To anyone who read this, thanks & you're woot! =)

Til I wake up in about 8-10 hrs.,
me =)

No comments: