Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wow....

I just basically had the phone version of John Cusack in "Say Anything" but the hilarious and sweet version that a very good friend would do.... Yeah, it wasn't Q who did it! It was, well, the person I thought I was never going to be able to speak again- HO. It was a nice chat and HO did what HO usually does when HO calls, which is pretending that HO's some kind of telemarketer or a person who has a wrong number and has a TERRIBLE accent! Today, HO pretended to be a recruiter from Bloomingdale's.... I don't know.... If you have ever met HO, you would know that HO's a character!

Anyways, HO decided to call me and just update me in life and whatnot while I was at work today. When I finally realized that we were on the phone for about an hour, I thought I better get off just to be proper and all since I wasn't the only one in the office (and yes, I was doing work the WHOLE time!). About 30 seconds after I hung up, I saw the "unknown number" come up again on my phone. Having a good feeling it was HO again, I was planning on answering with "Yes, Bloomingdale's recruiter....." but before I could even say anything, HO was playing "our song". Well, it's actually one of his favorite songs that we used to listen & sing along to while we were driving around, bored out of our minds back, oh, 5,6,7 YEARS ago!!! This is how we would be:

HO- "I'm bored."
ME- "Me too."
HO- "What do you want to do?"
ME- "I don't know. What do you want to do?"
HO- "I don't know. Wanna come pick me up?"
ME- "Sure. Be right there."

That would be happen about 5-6 times a week! We would usually end up finding something to do, let it be going to the bar we frequented or shopping somewhere (HO loved to go to Ikea or TJMaxx/Ross, SERIOUSLY!), we always entertained each other. I even got HO to leave OC a few times when HO usually just hated leaving the city of Orange! I would drag HO with me to San Diego to visit PH or other friends I had down there. One thing we always had was music to listen to. I got HO into the kind of music I liked and HO would sometimes get me into stuff he liked yet this one song we had never heard before until LBS introduced it to us.....

Here it is--> Click here <-- BTW- VERY NSFW!!!

Yeah..... So that's "our song"! Inappropriate- yes. Disturbing- even more but that was us! I guess we're just weird... After LBS introduced that song to us, HO would LITERALLY play it EVERY time we got in the car!

Now if I hear that song (which is VERY seldom and random now!), I always think of HO and all the lil adventures we would have! When HO played it today, it really brought a smile on my face, a real genuine smile that I haven't had in a while.

I know HO doesn't read this but if so, thanks HO. What you did today really made me feel good and granted we're both bummed cuz we can't jump in the Odyssey anymore and drive around like we used when we were bored, we at least have those memories to think about and treasure.

<3,
me =)

No comments: