Thursday, July 3, 2008

Which is better???

So I've been thinking about it lately....

Which is better- Living out on your own when you're not financially ready or Living at home until you are?

I have heard a few different sides. When living out on your own, you have A LOT more freedom and feel more responsible yet what about the hell with living with roommates and also knowing that the rent you're paying isn't going to anything other than just paying to live there? There's also the possibility of living "paycheck to paycheck" and not being able to save up for anything like an emergency or even important.

BUT! There's the other side... And that's where I am- Where you're living at home, saving up for a place (most likely a foreclosed condo since they'll most likely be giving them away soon) and going CRAZY with the folks! I love them, I truly do but I do feel like they still see me as 16 and not 26. Yet LBS moved out and they see her differently, mainly with a lil more respect it seems like yet I do know that LBS struggles and has had her share of roommate nightmares.

Here's another thing with me as well- I don't want to experience the "roommate" thing and I really don't want to do the "rent" thing either, hence me living at home and saving up & going slowly insane at the same time! It's the epitome of a "Catch-22" & a "Rock & a Hard Place" all at the same time. What the hell! Let's even throw in the infamous "Damn if you do, Damn if you don't" in there, too!

So I personally am choosing to lose a lil bit of my sanity at home than lose it with people I may or may not be close to in a place where we have almost no choice than to live with each other & be tolerant of one another or possibly go back with your tail between your legs to the "units". Well, there's also just killing the roommate but I don't know how that may play out so much.....

What's you opinion on the subject? Which do you choose? What stories do you have in the matter? Am I just being a stupid selfish bitch or am I making any sense what so ever???

No comments: