Monday, July 21, 2008

The Dark Knight

Well, I saw it last night with my mom & LBS....

All I can truly say is that it's absolutely amazing! I was honestly sitting at the edge of my seat!

I actually had this fear that I wouldn't be able to enjoy it for the simple reason that I am honestly still a mess & shoken up by the passing of Heath Ledger. I just kept telling people that I know I'm going to be sobbing while watching the movie, just thinking about how everyone was right & gave the performance of a lifetime and that this would be our last time ever witnessing the amazing talent he was. Well, what do you know??? LBS was right! She actually saw it last night and said that it wasn't til the end where it hit her that he was gone. You get SO captured by the performance he gives that you truly do forget he's gone. And let me tell you, there were a few times that my semi-pessimistic/masochist mind wanted to remind me that, "Hey, remember, he's gone...." and before it could finish reminding me, something would come to my mind and basically bitch slap it out and say, "FUCK YOU!!! Soak it up & enjoy!" and I did.

If you haven't seen it yet, please go. You won't regret a second of it! I mean, comic book stories/movies aren't my "forte" yet this did NOT come off as a comic book! It was beautiful all around. Make up, music, scenery, script, EVERYTHING was absolutely perfect! Don't get me wrong, there were a few lil "really?" moments but there's so small and dumb, it's not even worth discussing!

Oh, just promise me that if you go, make sure BEFORE the movie starts, you check to see if they're are any idiots who have decided to bring either young children or BABIES! Yes, we had someone bring a 1 to 2 year old about 15-20 mins before the movie started and LBS & I just looked at each and I said, "I'm on my way...." So I went to customer service to inform them that I have just paid $11.50 to enjoy this movie I have been waiting for quite a while to see and I did NOT want the experience to be ruined by having to come inform someone WHILE the movie is showing to let them know some idiots thought it would be ok to bring their BABY to an 8 o'clock showing of a movie that's not only 2 1/2 hours but rated PG-13, almost R! In doing that, I not only had a security guard in there the whole time but I also had 2 employees in there as well watching and making sure there would be NO disturbance from babies to idiots! But they did try to tell me that the parents had EVERY right to bring their baby in cuz they were "giving" their child "permission" to see the movie since they were under the age of 13! You should have seen my face when they told me that. I basically said everything but the phrase, "BULLSHIT!" to them.

Take it from me, if you do that, you'll enjoy the movie that much more...

me =)

PS- And yes, the moment the end credits came on, I had to contain myself from sobbing cuz if I didn't, I would have made the BIGGEST fool out of myself!

No comments: