Friday, July 18, 2008

Things I finally understand.....

First, I would like to dedicate this post to both LBS & Q. Don't worry, I get it now and I'm sorry for all I may have ever said or done to either one of you....

Well, I think this was a long time coming... Actually, let me sound ignorant- I never thought I would say the things about to say but here I go:

- When it comes to relationships, you go with the flow. Don't expect or assume things cuz guess what? Shit happens. Everything doesn't always go as plan and me, you & everyone should understand that.

- Also, in relationships, I have learned that, you know, it's about you & your significant other and that's it. There's no need to have ANYONE'S input or nose in your business! There's no need to tell EVERYONE what's going on, not even family! Unless you're being abused, there's no reason to share TONS of details. If anything, if someone asks, "How's it going?", you say what it is, "It's great.""It's good.""It's decent." But there's never a need to say every detail.

- Another thing- In observing others relationships, as shitty as it may be, it's not you in it! They're in it and they're the ones who have to go through it! Other than the exception of abuse, you'll just make the situation worse if you put your 2 cents in it.

- The main thing? Realize that when it's good, it's amazing. When it isn't, don't pout, get pissy & be a bitch. If you're with someone who is truly someone special and you know it, don't fuck it up!

Basically, if you're in a relationship that has some kind of meaning behind it, be mature about it and have a good sense of trust & honesty. Most of us are adults and are not in elementary school anymore. If you're all about the thing when we were little and being on the playground, pointing out to our friends who we were "going out" with, all "you see that guy, standing by the trash can, talking to the guy, over by the tree, under the shade? Yeah, that's my boyfriend...", well, then, good luck with that!

I know I may sound like Captain Obvious yet, as ridiculous as this sounds, I just figured out half of this stuff....

me =)

No comments: