Monday, April 7, 2008

Word to the wise.....

When a Cuban woman, who is not feeling well, didn't get a good night's sleep & is dealing with tax season at both work & home, don't piss her off! You're just going to get your ass served right back at you & most of the time, it won't be pretty!

As you can see, I had to write this at home. There was just NO time at work today!!! Even when there was time, RJL's wife came in and she took the computer I usually go on at lunch.

So let me tell what happened today to make this Cuban woman pissed. When I got into work today, there was a note on the postage machine saying that it wasn't really working properly. Even after playing with it for awhile, I finally just called the company that made the postage machine. Ok, let me go on a semi-tangent & ask a simple question- what ever happened to customer service? Why is it so hard to get someone who's whole job is to make sure you are a very satisfied and know how to handle themselves on the phone??? It is insane how bad customer service rep. have gotten in the past years. Whenever I get someone who is relatively competent, I over compliment them and inform them on what they have just done is SO out of the ordinary!!! Anyways, I'm on the phone with the CSR for about 15-20 & the person is talking this low & I can barely hear them. I tell the guy, "You need to speak up cuz I have you on speaker & I'm going to be talking to you from across the room where the machine is located." Well, what do you know??? The guy can speak up! Ugh, so he has me doing all this shit that I have already done & I have told him that it's not working, just send me the part I need. He then informs me that he can send it but it'll take about a few days, unless I want to pay $20 for overnight shipping. I'm irritated at this point but I go to ask my boss what he wants to do. He just wants the part now but like hell if we're paying for OS. So when I get back on the phone, I ask to speak to his supervisor cuz I know if you go higher up, they just want to shut you up & make you happy. The guy gets all nervous. I tell him I just want to speak to him and see what we can do. Well, I guess in "trying" to connect me, he hangs up on me.
Ok, that's it. It's over.
I'm now passed perturbed to venom coming out of me!!! This was SUCH an irritating phone call to make, we need to have our postage machine working since we have a WEEK left of the season and I'm hung up on. Oh no....
I try calling them back but after 10 mins, they call me. At that point, I just flat out said, "This is what needs to be done-- You need to send me the part, overnight and not charge me." It was the supervisor & he was like, "Well, we can send it overnight but we need to charge you."......Ok, I don't know if many of you know how Cubans are but one thing we're known for is being loud. I get VERY loud. <--(ask ANYONE who knows me) To finally get my point across, I say as loud as I can without breaking eardrums in the office, "Listen, I have been in customer service for about 10 years and one thing I know is that you need to do everything & anything to make the customer happy and what you need to do to make me happy is to do what I have just asked for... You're going to send me the part, overnight, no charge....You hear me!?" Well, that worked. =) We'll see if it is here in the morning.....
LBS then called about an hour later to inform me of the comment she left on Myspace <-- (If you don't know about what LBS did, read "April 6th" post). Let me paste it on to show you:

"can we make a deal?

considering this week is my bday week and, i mean well lemme remind you of past horrid birthdays:

14- grandpa has a paralyzing stroke
don't remember 15 or 16 so they must've not been very good...
17- all i remember is im sure my loser ex did something to piss me off
18- Wade Robson "great idea" dance class
19- infamous leap frog table incident
20- again, my loser ex crashed my bday party spun out of his mind in Fullerton
21- grandma dies a slow, painful, inevitable death with the day after my bday followed by her rosary
22...was decent i must admit...
and 23- you and erik totally screw it up like royally (i dont need to remind you what you 2 bastards did, but i love you both anyway)

so....
i know i deserve retribution for pulling a Naomi Campbell on you, but can it wait til next week? pa-leez? thaaaaannnnnxxxxx!"

I was ROLLING!!! I told her to read my blog to let her know what I was planning on doing anyways..... After last night though, I did inform her that she does in to be on her best behavior cuz if she's not, come April 14th, I'm definitely going to get her back!

To kinda go back to what LBS was saying though, she has had some pretty shitty bdays. I don't know how it happens but it does. And it's just not bad, it's horrendous! Hopefully something decent can happen this year....

Mom made another dank ass dinner, Filthy Animal looks really fat but REALLY cute, Dad's leg is kinda looking better but not..... It's also hot around the area and that doesn't make me feel good. He made a Dr.'s appt. to get it checked out but it's not til the 21st. I'm "douching"<--(one of my favorite adjectives!) it out with peroxide and bandaging it up but I'm saying we need to get him in ASAP!!! He's using the reason that it's the end of tax season and he has no time to go to the Dr. yet he totally blew it last night saying how he isn't that busy.....I think I'm going to call my Dr. to see if I can get him in this week instead of 2 weeks from now......

Alright, I'm going to bed. Once again, super tired! I had the weirdest night of sleep. I almost felt as if I was in the movie "Groundhog's Day". I kept waking up and everything seem like DeJaVu! I was also having some weird dreams, like Cameron Diaz was a coke head & Madonna was trying to get her sober..... Shit like that.... Ugh, I think I need to stop eating Little Caesar's.....

Tomorrow is a kinda big date. I'll type it up through out the day.

TT,
me =)

No comments: