Sunday, April 13, 2008

Really odd things......

.....happened this weekend:


1- Friday night, PH & I were bored. So we did what we usually do when we're bored- brown bagging it at the park. Everything was going great & we were about to go back home when we heard a "hey ladies!" We knew it wasn't a cop so we weren't freaked out like that but we had no idea who was trying to talk to us. Well, turns out it was a homeless man. So we talked to him for a few mins but we wanted to get back cuz it was getting late. Thinking that this was going to be our entertainment of the night & something for me to write about in my blog, I enjoyed our 7-10 mins chat with Chuck the homeless man. Little did I know that Chuck wasn't going to be the oddest moment of the night....


Right when we were about to politely thank Chuck for the conversation about him being a marine & was hired and paid to go to Berlin for the wall to fall leave, this chick comes up and randomly asks if one of us has a bad right knee. PH & I just look at each other and ask, "Why?" She informed us that her & her friend were followers of God but not of an organized religion and that they were driving down the street and were told to stop here because someone needed to be helped and bless the bad knee.



Well, now Chuck the homeless man is just in awe that there are 4 girls/women (whatever you want to call us) giving him all this attention! He starts talking to one of the girls while PH & I talk to the other. At the same time, PH & I are looking at each other to try & figure out how to leave! So I tell the girl that I have an old softball injury on my...right knee! She gets all excited and asks if she can bless it that way it will NEVER hurt again. PH & I look at each other and say, "What the hell, why not!" She gets into it.......really into it to the point that PH took out her camera phone & took a picture of the chick blessing my knee! The chick had NO idea she took the pic! Then, while she's blessing my knee, she starts speaking in "tongues"! All PH & I could do was just look at each other and not laugh!



So, once she "healed" my knee, they were trying to explain their beliefs to us again! PH wasn't having it and got into a debate with them. Then, thinking I was trying to get us out of there, I told them about what happens to me (i.e.- ESP, DeJaVu, seeing people after they pass, etc...) At first, they were saying I was a "Prophet" and I was a "chosen one" of God's, that my life has much more meaning and reason to be here than most people alive. Then they changed their tone and said that actually God & the Devil are fighting over me and that if I don't follow God, I will most likely not live for very long and suffer in life.



Right then and there, PH & I informed the girls we had to go and we thanked them for our entertaining night! Yeah, I don't think we'll be going to the park to brown it for a while.....



2- So, I decided to go to LBS's birthday at the club her SO was playing at. Here's why it was a semi-big deal I went:



See, back in the day, I used to go to TJ (Tia Juana, Mexico for you who don't live in California) like EVERY weekend. I used to have a BLAST! The more packed a club was, the better! All you can drink free, dancing my ass off and ending the night by having "3 for .90 cents tacos" at the stand by the border, it was the life! Oh, to be 18/19/even 20 again....



Well, back in 2003, when I was helping out with the "Wade Robson Project" for MTV, I discovered I was claustrophobic and I could NOT handle being in small places with people touching me and me not being able to touch a wall or railing and all that good shit that comes with it! If I had somewhere to sit and/or a wall/railing to hold on to or touch, I was fine..... Turns out, that wasn't happening a lot while helping out with the show so I usually ended up sitting with his mom (who, thanks to sitting with her, we become allies and not "frienemies" like we started out as..... I'll tell that story one day....). I just couldn't understand why this was happening. I actually used to enjoy going to clubs. Hell, my best club experience EVER was meeting up with Wade & his friends at the club once known as IVAR (now, Cinespace)!



Anyways, back to LBS's birthday..... With being claustrophobic AND even getting over the whole "club scene", I was REALLY dreading it..... Well, for some reason, the "club Gods" threw me a bone and I had a BLAST!!! Oh my god, it was SUCH a great time! The hilarious thing was that everyone (especially LBS) were super surprised I showed up!



So the odd thing that happened there was that I got hit on. Now, the way I see it, there were all these cute little girls around and this guy could have had his pick of one of them yet he came to me. Him and I ended up having about a 45 min conversation. I asked him why he decided to come talk to me. His answer, in a sense, shocked me. He said, "I saw you from across the patio and the way you were so expressive when you were talking to your friends, I could tell you were a very confident and nice person." For all I know it was the BS of all BS lines but damnit, a tall, tan and cute fireman was telling me this and my manatee ass ate it up! He even asked for my number yet I know not to hold my breath for a call from him.

Why I guess I would consider that whole situation to be odd would be that I just assume that I wouldn't get hit on or have guys come talk to me, especially a decent looking guy. I think it also has to do with the fact I don't have the greatest track record with guys, let alone, just not ever having that many guys that ever want to talk to me cuz they maybe interested in me and have decent conversation with. Basically, I think it's just the "I'm usually the chunky chick that the guys are always 'just friends' with and want nothing more" mentality. That's been the story my whole life. For once, as it weird & disturbing as it sounds, it was nice to be looked at as a possible "piece of meat" or even for a date.

No comments: