Friday, June 20, 2008

Slapped in the face Vol. 3, *Special Edition*

So I come home from work today and see there's a little girl in the living room watching TV. I go up to her and say, "Hi there. I'm Elizabeth. What's your name?" She informed me that her name is Bella and that she was here with her aunt who was downstairs helping my dad out with work. Her aunt is a very good family friend of ours and she had brought Bella by before but I think it was during tax season or for some reason, I wasn't home!

Anyways, talked to Bella for a few more mins and then went downstairs to talk to my dad & Bella's aunt. After a few mins though, I felt bad she was up there by herself so I asked her if she wanted to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" since I didn't get to watch it the night before. She was SUPER excited since it was her favorite show! (BTW- My mom actually got me into this show cuz I really had no desire to watch it yet I'm SO glad I do! The Bittersweet thing about the show is that this was what Wade Robson originally wanted to do for his show back in the day on MTV.... Oh well. He does help out with this show though....) Also, this year, a very good friend of mine from dance class/"The Wade Robson Project" is on the show! His name is Stephen "Twitch" Boss and for as good as a dancer he is, he's the epitome of what all people should be! He's as nice, sweet, caring and personable as they come and I'm SO happy for him right now! Once I saw he was on the show, I told my mom that he's winning, no if's, ands, or buts about it! To check out some of his dancing skills, either You Tube him or even watch the movie "Hairspray". He first comes in when they're having a party at MotorMouth Maybelline's place and then at the end when he's looking at Amber (Brittany Snow's character) and teaching her how to dance.... You won't regret it!

Alright, I have to learn how to control these tangents! I feel they're getting worse as the years go by! Anyways, Bella was kinda nervous around the dogs so I told her we could go watch it up stairs and the dogs wouldn't bother us there. So we go up to my room but we got to talking and then she wanted to do each other's hair. She just told me to put my hair in a side bun and then she wanted me to do the same for her. While we're talking, I notice how mature and well spoken she is. I mean, when I asked her who Britney Spears was, she not only told me who but what she did to Justin Timberlake by cheating on him! I sat there and soaked in the "ET" moment I was having with this child!

I knew she was young yet I didn't know how young. So while I was doing her hair, I asked Bella how old she was. She informed me she was 6. She then asked how old I was. I said, "26" and right then and there, I stopped and took a step back. It had just hit me that if I had followed the same path that all my friends did when we were 18, 19, & 20, she would be my kid! Well, not her but instead of me playing with her hair it would be more of an everyday obligation of doing her hair.... Get what I mean??? Either way, it kinda tripped me out and she even knew something was wrong! She was like,"What's the matter?" and I flat out told her that she could be my kid! She even said, "Wowww". It was really cute.....

After hanging out with her, it made me realize that I do want kids. Well, maybe "kid" and lots of dogs but I would like at least one and to DEFINITELY wait a few more years....

1 comment:

Nunya said...

i love twitch, and i hope he wins - he's doing very well!

when i was 26, brad was 6 - lol.