Monday, June 9, 2008

Lil' recap of the weekend....

Friday- Went out with my "aunt" (really, my dad's cousin but in my family, we consider anyone who is older than us either aunt or uncle! Just is...) to grab a bite to eat & see SATC. It was suppose to be all the women in our family (aka- 3 others! My CAM was out of town and she would have been the 4th) but they bailed out. It was nice though cuz her & I had really never hung out just us 2! We had great dinner conversation about family, friends, life and whatnot & well, I haven't really told anyone this but she had me do something that was pretty shocking yet amazing.....

See, most of you don't know how I am possibly one of the pickiest eaters ALIVE! Fruits/Vegetables=uh, NO!, Fish=get real!, anything semi-weird and exotic=in HELL! So we went to eat at a place called the "Market Broiler", where they specialize in fish. She flat out said to me that I had no choice but to try her salmon. Since I didn't want to throw a tantrum like a five who won't eat what's on their plate, I said, "Ok....".... Well, what do you know??? It wasn't that bad. Actually, it would probably be the ideal thing for me to eat cuz it wouldn't take that much to make me full! THEN she had me try a carrot........For the record, I know this all probably sounds ridiculous but seriously, this is some big shit!!! Took a bite and it actually reminded me of a kinda hard potato...... So yeah. That was something........

Anyways, saw SATC. It was my 2nd time since I went opening night. I must say it was actually better the 2nd time around.... My "aunt" LOVED it and I will most likely see it 2 more times, once with my CAM and another with my mom and her semi-prude cousin (who, I must say, has gotten better over the years yet it was still awkward seeing "40 year old virgin" with her AND my mom!) Went home to the lil bitch (aka-Delilah.... I love her & she's adorable but god, she's a bitch!) and went to sleep....

Saturday- Laid in bed ALMOST all day and caught up with stuff on my DVR, which I truly needed to do! Pretty bad since I basically did catch up but oh well! I really just wanted to do that! It was nice....... Then I noticed that Delilah, for some reason, likes to lay on her potty pads and well, she smelled so I asked PH if she would help me give her a bath. Since it was Delilah's first bath, there were pictures taken and she actually really liked it! She liked it so much that when I went into the bathroom to wash my face, she followed me in, stood on her tippy toes and was looking into the bath tub, as if she wanted to go back in....... It was SUPER cute!

Later that night, PH and I went to go see "The Fall"....... Now, if some of you have NOT seen the preview/trailer for the movie, go here. If you are interested in seeing the movie, stop reading here and jump to the paragraph after the stars JUST IN CASE you don't want the experience to be possibly ruined......





**We first saw the preview when we went to see "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and I was in awe. I couldn't WAIT for it to come out! I waited basically 2 months since seeing the preview to see this movie so I was dying in anticipation! My review-- Visually stunning. If this was a silent film, it would be the most AMAZING thing ever captured on film! It was beautiful! The thing that semi but not really brought it down was the story. Yeah, there was a point and it was made and you got something out of it yet they could have done more with the script. I was originally going to give it an A-/B+ yet PH reminded me of the movie "Pan's Labyrinth" and then I changed my grade from a B+/ solid B....... I still say people should go see it just for how gorgeous the film is! And while you're at it, watch "Pan's Labyrinth" too that way you can see what I'm talking about! You can thank me later..... =)**





Sunday- Hung out with the "units". Went to pick up my cousin who just came back from Outdoor Ed and he & I got to talk about how much we REALLY didn't like our experiences when we went! He did say his experience was better than mine but I think any one's would have been better than when I went:

-Our teacher told us what to pack, how to dress, how the weather was going to be.... all that good stuff! We took like 2 pairs of jeans, tons of shirts and tank tops and like 1 jacket since, according to my teacher, it was going to be like 70-80 degrees....... Yeah...... Too bad, even in the end of April, it was hardcore snowing!!!! We had easily had 2 feet of snow on the ground and still had to go on all the hikes and trails! 3 people brought gloves so the rest of us had stuff from the lost and found (I had one green glove & a brown mitt)!


-My counselor was TOTALLY crazy (most likely bordering on bipolar!) since in public she would be bouncing off the walls and then when we were in our cabin, she would yell, jump & scream at us, just for the hell of it!


-We had to do a square dance on the last night there and I wanted to dance with the guy I had a crush on. Well, since my 6th grade teacher was "semi"-racist, he basically partnered the Mexicans together, the white kids together, the black kids and so on..... So I got to dance with (coincidentally) with a "nerdy, big glasses and bowl hair cut" HO........ It was truly embarrassing and I couldn't wait to go home!

-Everyone cried on the way home from Outdoor Ed because they were going to miss it. I, on the other hand, was literally singing, "We're going home, we're going home"


-Oh and on the way home, my teacher informed me that my mom almost came up with the principal for the last night "festivities"! My mom knew my principal from back in the day and he invited her and she was ready to come but she then had something come up and didn't.... Let me tell you, if she did come up, I would have made the biggest scene for her to take me home THAT night!!! I do remember jumping into my mom's arms when I got home cuz I was SOOOO happy to be back!



Anyways, back to Sunday-- Just went out to dinner with LBS and then went to CAM to hang out for a lil. Then went home, did laundry and watched Delilah go crazy chasing after a toy laser my mom bought at Pet Smart. It was quite hilarious..... =) It also tires her out, which is a VERY good thing!



Alright, hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to post something a lil more exciting...... Thanks for reading!



me! =)

1 comment:

Nunya said...

tagged you for a meme, me=)!